The Center for Worship & Music Studies is excited to once again offer one of our core classes,
Leadership & Management 101!
There are a great variety of skills that leaders need to develop to successfully administer a worship and music program in a congregation. In this class, eight outstanding and experienced teachers will present on topics focusing on the “unmusical” side of music and worship leadership and administration.
“Loved it! The class was outstanding! There are many notes and comments I will refer to often! THANK YOU for such an outstanding experience!” – Spring 2016 Participant
This three-day intensive at the Minnesota Church Center in Minneapolis, MN, will cover these important topics:
- Fundamentals of Leadership – Mary Kay DuChene
- Working with Ensembles & Volunteers – Dain Swanson
- Spiritual Practices – Ken Medema (via live video conference)
- Conflict Management & Resolution – Susan Nienaber
- Budgeting & Time Management – Jay Beech
- The Pastor/Musician Relationship – Debra Samuelson & Ralph Johnson
- Maintaining Professional Boundaries – Susan Miller
- Discernment & Development of Worship Practices – Jay Beech
Scholarships for Southwestern Minnesota Synod ELCA Worship Leaders!
The Southwestern Minnesota Synod is offering scholarships to worship leaders who enroll in our classes. Scholarships are offered on a first come, first served basis. To be eligible, you must be a worship leader that serves regularly in an ELCA congregation within the Southwestern Minnesota Synod.
For more information, contact Clara Klawitter.
July class schedule is still open for registration!
|Playing Off the Page||Playing Hymns with a Worship Band||Church Audio Basics|
|July 18-20||July 21||July 22||July 23|